Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum

FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

nds first pitch of the third inning 409 feet into the seats

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna -> Terapia, rehabilitacja i nauczanie - metody i praktyka
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
chenwen121314

PostWysłany: Pon Lis 20, 2017 1:00 pm    Temat postu: nds first pitch of the third inning 409 feet into the seats Odpowiedz z cytatem

The first Monday morning of the summer holidays, the sky lumpen - an unscheduled autumn duvet pulled hastily from the cupboard above. Wholesale Team USA Basketball Jerseys . The roads are quiet with relief, the ruddy trudgers of sandwich-laden picnic-hampers down to a steady trickle along the Great Stone Road.In the separated pens of the Old Trafford nets in the hour before play, the Pakistan players practised. And practised. Azhar Ali, diligently forward, diligently back; the coaching staff, arms folded, nodding approvingly. In and out they alternated, like figures on a weather house, Mohammad Hafeez, Yasir Shah, lined up against the Lancashire academy bowlers sprightly-keen to show what they could do.Behind them, staring at helmets and backsides, trying to identify whose belonged to whom, stood the Monday morning spectators. Not a great number - 6,533 in all - but proper cricket fans these: who else would give up a days holiday in chilly late July to sit in bucket seats to watch the fourth day of a one-sided Test?The nets are funny things, as close as people get to the players, an obscure mini zoo where fans stare while players pretend theyre not there, fans lurk and players reach resolutely for their bats and hope to walk away to the safety of the dressing-room un-manhandled. A rite of passage nonetheless.From the nets, it was just a short journey round the ground to B Stand - just to the left of the media centre, and most pertinently next door to the Pakistan dressing-room. If you couldnt quite see Misbah-ul-Haq reaching out for an idle scratch, you could imagine it: every players jaunt up and down the steps that led to the pitch was wildly cheered.B stand then, a multicultural slice of the kind of English society that cricket often turns up by accident: a good-natured mixture of cold and unpickled British people hunched over packets of cheese and onion in a mixture of cagouls, neat beards, hijabs, a couple of skull caps and a pair of stars-and-stripes sunglasses.On a day slowly meandering along to its inevitable conclusion, the spectators entertained themselves with vuvuzelas and cracker blowers, chatter in urdu and English, inflatable bananas and that sustaining culinary combination of a soggy 99 followed by a warming coffee.In the prime seats just metres away from the Pakistan dressing-room steps, sat three sisters, Kiran, 21, a # student, Amina, 18, about to embark on a dentistry course, and Sophia, 15, hair covered in bright hijabs and decorated with Pakistani flag pins.The three sisters had woken at seven oclock and piled into a big van the family had hired for the day. Eight people crammed in, bags full of picnic, over the way from Bolton, Rihanna and Calvin Harris blaring on the radio. They are cricket nuts, all of them, a Pakistan flag hangs outside their house and posters adorn the walls. Theyd brought along a roll of coloured paper with them, and intended to write some thoroughly inspirational posters.We watch Pakistan on TV, but this is the first time weve seen them live, Sophia said. We love their passion. We paid extra for these seats because we knew theyd be just next to the dressing room.She reaches for her sisters phone to show her selfies with the team just as England declare at 173 for 1: time for Pakistan to pull off a surprise win? Were just hoping it doesnt rain.Higher up in B stand were another group of family friends - two of them, Zohaib and Farukh, had driven down from Glasgow with their small sons. A five oclock wake-up and then a four hour drive with no stops. It wasnt great for the rest of them but I didnt want to be late, Zohaib said. Their friend Ali Usmani had come from Bolton too - via 16 years in Pakistan and 20 years in Holland. He and his wife had brought along their sonI tell him to support England, that you should support the country where you are brought up. He loves cricket, his favourites are Shane Warne and Shahid Afridi, but I tell him that education is the first priority.It was a first visit to Old Trafford for the sisters, for the Glaswegians, for Ali too. The first time you hesitate to come, he said, then the way is open. Good news for Lancashire, if there is good news in a Test crowd of six-and-a-half thousand - there is plenty of potential support out there if they can find a way to capitalise on it.As it was, Pakistan crept past their first innings, just. When Misbah played on for 35, the end was nigh, though a final flourish from a blazing Mohammad Amir gave his fans something to cheer about.And from there it was a trudge back to the car, bags empty, legs tired. For England fans, a triumphant afternoon. For Pakistan fans, an ultimately disappointing but potentially uplifting day at the cricket. For the Pakistan team, it is back to the coach and the drawing board - the next two Tests suddenly looming very large. Swingman Team USA Basketball Jerseys . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Team USA Basketball Jerseys China . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. http://www.cheapteamusabasketballjerseys.com/ . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. ST. LOUIS -- Shelby Miller gave up a single to start the game then nothing else. Not a walk or a hit batter. No one even reached on an error. Nothing. The St. Louis Cardinals rookie was perfect after that leadoff single by Eric Young Jr., retiring 27 in a row for his first career complete game, 3-0 over the Colorado Rockies on Friday night. "I feel really good," Miller said. "Its definitely the best game Ive thrown in my life. How it finished was unbelievable. It was a great experience. Yadi (catcher Yadier Molina) was calling a great game and they were making great plays for me. It was a start Ill remember the rest of my life." Miller (5-2) struck out Young to end it with his 13th K, tying a Cardinals rookie record. Young felt fortunate just to reach base at all. "It was a jam shot and I just put it in a good location," Young said. "I was just fortunate enough to find grass. "He was working both sides of the plate, using his fastball. He had great command," Young added. "His battery mate back there is obviously one of the best game. It was a good combo for them." Miller agreed with Youngs assessment of Molina. "I say it time and time again, what Yadi calls, I throw," Miller said. "He was calling the right thing all night. Hes done a terrific job all year and hes helping me out tremendously. Im happy hes my catcher, thats for sure." The one-hitter was the fewest hits allowed by a Cardinals pitcher since Bud Smith tossed a no-hitter on Sept. 3, 2001, and it was the second one-hitter of the night in the major leagues. Bostons Jon Lester was perfect until he allowed a two-out double in the sixth against Toronto. In a near-perfect performance, Miller threw 113 pitches. "Its pretty incredible," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "How he held his composure, maade real good pitches all night long against a very good offence. Authentic Team USA Basketball Jerseys. " Miller lowered his ERA to 1.39, which is the lowest for a Cardinals pitcher in his first eight starts since Howie Pollet had a 2.09 ERA in his first eight in 1941. Carlos Beltran hit a solo homer -- his ninth -- for St. Louis. Pete Kozma added an RBI single and Jon Jay a sacrifice fly for the Cardinals, who are National League-best 22-12. Molina had two hits to extend his hitting streak to 10 games, which is the longest for a Cardinal this season. Rockies starter Jon Garland (2-3) gave up all three runs in five innings. Garland allowed seven hits and three walks while striking out five. Garland retired the first five batters he faced before Jay singled to centre with two outs in the second. David Freese walked, and Kozma drove home Jay with a single to left. Beltran made it 2-0 when he hit Garlands first pitch of the third inning 409 feet into the seats in right. Jay gave the Cardinals a three-run cushion with a sacrifice fly in the fifth. NOTES: Dick Hughes and Scipio Spinks also struck out 13 for the Cardinals as rookies. ... Molina is batting .461 (18 for 39) during his hitting streak. ... Colorado has not won a series in St. Louis since sweeping four games from June 5-8, 2009. ... Jay extended his hitting streak to seven games with his second-inning single. ... Garland is 1-6 with 6.61 ERA in his career against St. Louis. ... Former Cy Young award winner Chris Carpenter took another step toward possibly returning to the mound by tossing a pain-free bullpen session. The 38-year-olds career appeared as if it may be over when it was announced in February that he was unlikely to pitch in 2013 because he was still experiencing chronic pain in his neck, shoulder and arm. Fridays bullpen session was the fourth for Carpenter, who tossed about 70 pitches. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna -> Terapia, rehabilitacja i nauczanie - metody i praktyka Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: