Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum

FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

noot just in my career but for me personally,"

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna -> Terapia, rehabilitacja i nauczanie - metody i praktyka
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
sxx123

PostWysłany: Sro Paź 19, 2016 8:35 am    Temat postu: noot just in my career but for me personally," Odpowiedz z cytatem

SAINT JOHN, N.B. -- Theyve long competed in the shadow of Canadas Olympic ice dance champions, but Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje dont mind flying under the radar into Sochi. Weaver and Poje were runners-up once again to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir this past weekend at Skate Canada International, but the gap between scores was the closest its ever been -- giving Canada not one, but two ice dance teams that could reach the medal podium at the Sochi Olympics. "Being in the same sentence as Scott and Tessa is an extreme honour for us," Weaver said, after their lyrical free skate tango Saturday night to music by Argentine composer Astor Piazaolla. "Weve grown up with them, it feels like, for the past six years that weve been on the international circuit. Every time we get to share the ice with them I feel like we get stronger because theyre everything we strive to be." Virtue and Moir have wrestled American rivals Meryl Davis and Charlie White for the top step of the podium in every major international event for the past four years. The Canadians, of course, edged the Americans to win Olympic gold in Vancouver, and the two teams have split the last four world championship gold medals. A revolving door of skaters, meanwhile, have won bronze. Weaver and Poje -- second to Virtue and Moir in Saint John by less than six points -- say its an advantage to go into Sochi without the heavy expectations that sit squarely on their Canadian counterparts. "Thats a great spot for us to be in," Weaver said. "We love the attention for sure. But it helps us just focus on ourselves and makes us feel more normal, so were looking to peak at the right time and well definitely have all the pressure then, but its nice to maintain a bit of normalcy right now in the lead-up." "We dont have to be in the limelight as much," Poje added. "I think that adds a certain pressure to the situation thats already high stress. Its an extra distraction, so being able to sort of fly underneath the radar is something we definitely appreciate." Weaver and Poje were fourth at the 2012 world championships, then fifth at the worlds last March -- the most recent result coming after Weaver was sidelined for almost the entire season with a broken fibula. She was sidelined again this past summer after having the hardware removed from her ankle. "It was another month off the ice which was discouraging at first, that was the last thing I wanted to do," Weaver said. "But it was totally worth it, because everything is healthy and I dont have to worry about having five screws sticking into my skate and right now its not even a thought on either of our minds. So it was totally worth taking the extra time to heal it again." Weaver, a lover of old movies, watched her favourite -- the 1933 film "42nd Street" -- during her rehab, so the music was an obvious choice for their short dance this season. They turned to friend Geoffrey Tyler, who acted in the "42nd Street" musical at the Stratford Festival to help them choreograph the program. "(The movie) has always had a special place in my heart, because I skated to it when I was younger, and through my injury it was the one movie I could find solace in, it really helped me feel comfortable and it kind of took my mind off what was actually happening," she said. Weaver, 24, and the 26-year-old Poje teamed up in 2006 when both skaters found themselves without partners. Weaver, who was born in Houston, obtained her Canadian citizenship in 2009 to make her eligible to compete for Canada. The five-foot-six Weaver, and 6-3 Poje -- who might have been drawn by a Disney artist, theyre that wholesome/goodlooking -- teamed up in 2006 when both skaters found themselves without partners. Weaver, who was born in Houston, had been competing for the U.S., but obtained her Canadian citizenship in 2009. They narrowly missed qualifying for the 2010 Olympics, but it surely wont be the same story this time around. And with the expected retirement of Virtue and Moir following Sochi, ice dancing in Canada will certainly still be in good hands. Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Cheap Redskins Jerseys China .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseysauthentic.com/ . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Cheap Washington Redskins Jerseys . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Redskins Jerseys China . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday.NEW YORK -- Lindsay Davenport was in the middle of another major life milestone when she found out she had been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. The three-time Grand Slam champion got the call when she was in a hospital about to give birth to her fourth child in early January. With daughter Haven nearly 2 months old now, Davenport can start to reflect on the honour. "Growing up playing tennis, getting to the Hall of Fame was never even in my dreams," she said on a conference call on Monday after the class of 2014 was announced. "It seemed a little bit too big for me." The 37-year-old Davenport is thrilled that at the enshrinement ceremony in Newport, Rhode Island, on July 12, her 6-year-old son Jagger will get to learn about the sports history. He plays tennis, too. Davenport will be joined by five-time Paralympic medallist Chantal Vandierendonck of the Netherlands in the recent player category, coach Nick Bollettieri, executive Jane Brown Grimes and British broadcaster John Barrett in the contributor category. Davenport won the 1998 U.S. Open, 1999 Wimbledon, 2000 Australian Open and 1996 Olympic gold medal to go with three major doubles titles. The American held the world No. 1 ranking for 98 weeks in her career. That first major championship, at her home Grand Slam event, always will be special. "For any player who has ever played with insecurity, not sure where theyre supposed to be, how good they are, that really was a huge moment, noot just in my career but for me personally," Davenport said.dddddddddddd. Bollettieri, now 82, has coached 10 players to the No. 1 ranking, including Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Monica Seles and Boris Becker. In 1978, he founded the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, the first full-time tennis boarding school. At a news conference in New York, Bollettieri acknowledged this was one of the few times in his life he felt at a loss for words. "To be standing aside some of the players Ive helped achieve what they are," he said, "is a dream that even Nick Bollettieri cant comprehend." Vandierendonck was a top Dutch player before she was injured in a car accident in 1983 and went on to become a pioneer in wheelchair tennis. Brown Grimes is a former managing director of the Womens Professional Tennis Council, now known as the WTA Tour Board; president of the U.S. Tennis Association; and president of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Barrett was the "Voice of Wimbledon" on the BBC from 1971-06. His wife, former top-ranked player Angela Mortimer Barrett, was inducted into the Hall in 1993. Agassi and Steffi Graf are the only other married couple in the Hall. Davenport wishes shed done a better job during her career of following Billie Jean Kings advice to "enjoy the process." But shes proud that she believes she always played the sport for the right reasons. "Youre not great at something unless you love it," she said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Auston Matthews Maple leafs Jersey ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Wielkopolski Portal Informacyjny Osób Niepełnosprawnych :: Forum Strona Główna -> Terapia, rehabilitacja i nauczanie - metody i praktyka Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: